Business Communication Faculty Position (Open Rank), Non-tenure track
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School invites applications for one non‐tenure, practice-track faculty position in the discipline of Business Communication to start August 2019.
We welcome applications from candidates motivated by the unique opportunity to participate in building a world-class business school at a premier private university. We are especially interested in candidates with a passion for teaching and a strong record in the classroom.
Responsibilities: Teaching foundational and advanced courses in business communication at the MBA/MS level. Although this is primarily a teaching position, we also value contributions to research and practice.
- A PhD in communication or a related discipline is required for all professorial appointments, and must be conferred by the employment start date. For lecturer and senior lecturer appointments, a PhD is strongly preferred but a master’s degree is sufficient.
- Demonstrated teaching success in a business school or graduate professional school is highly desirable, but not required.
- Successful prior engagement in business/policy-related activities preferred.
Depending on the level of academic and/or professional experience of the successful candidate, the appointment will be made at the Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level. Under exceptional circumstances, appointments will be considered at the Full Professor level.
Applications MUST be submitted using Interfolio (apply.interfolio.com/60840) and include the following:
- Cover letter addressed to Dr. Steven Cohen, Search Committee Chair
- Curriculum vitae
- Three (3) confidential letters of reference
- Recent evidence of teaching effectiveness (or equivalent in a business setting)
Applications submitted by April 1, 2019 will receive full consideration by the Search Committee. The search will continue until the position is filled.
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School conducts a pre-employment background check and degree verification for all candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The search committee is dedicated to hiring candidates who, through their research, teaching, and service will contribute to the excellence and diversity of the Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University, our students, and the broader academic community. The leadership, faculty, and the staff of the Carey Business School are committed to enhancing our school culture through an environment that welcomes and respects everyone.
Dr. Steven Cohen
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202