ECA 2021 Convention - Applied Communication Interest Group Call for Submissions
Call for Submissions, Applied Communication Interest Group, Eastern Communication Association Annual Convention
Call for Papers
ECA 2021 – Cambridge, MA – March 24 - 28
Applied Communication Interest Group
The Applied Communication Interest Group of the Eastern Communication Association is now accepting submissions for the 2021 conference in Cambridge, MA. The 2021 convention theme is “Resilience.” Toward that end, First Vice President Dr. Amanda McKendree invites ECA interest groups and members to develop programming for the 2021 convention that focuses on “Resilience” across communication contexts and the ways that we…
Find hope in Resilience
Make sense of Resilience
This interest group invites submissions of papers, panels, and roundtable/program proposals that focus on how communication theory, research, and practice contribute to addressing pragmatic, social issues to harbor a better future. The Applied Communication Interest Group is committed to help the general public solve socially relevant problems and to test the usefulness of communication theory in "real-world" settings. Research should highlight the connection between theory and practice by demonstrating theoretical applications and the usefulness for potential users to understand and implement recommendations will be accepted.
The deadline for submissions is October 15, 2020.
All submissions should be uploaded and processed through Attendee Interactive.
Submission Guidelines for Completed Papers
Papers should be written in accordance with APA 7th edition. The following fields will be completed for individual submissions:
- A detached title page with the title of the paper and the author's affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national
- A one-page abstract on the second page.
- A statement of professional responsibility on the second page.
If the paper has multiple authors, submitter should indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
Submission Guidelines for Panel/Program Proposals
Proposals should be written according to APA 7th edition. Include the following items in all panel/program submissions:
- A thematic title for the
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as
- Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional
The following statement MUST be included with every submission of a paper or panel in order to be eligible for review:
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
For additional information about the upcoming convention, please visit ECA’s website http://www.ecacomm.org/. All questions or concerns related to the Applied Communication Interest Group can be directed to Dr. Jennifer Owlett at firstname.lastname@example.org