ECA 2021 Convention - Organizational Communication Interest Group Call for Submissions
Call for Papers
Organizational Communication Interest Group
112th Annual Eastern Communication Association Convention
March 24-March 28, 2021
Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Massachusetts
Convention Submission Deadline: October 15, 2020
“Resilience”- a persistent response to overcoming obstacles, thriving despite challenges, and adapting to an ever-changing global landscape.
As organizational communication scholars we explore and examine various aspects of communicating resilience within our hospitals, clinics, educational institutions, government agencies, and workplaces. Furthermore, resilience is instrumental in communication’s role within the organizing. We recognize that inherent within resilience and organizational communication are conflict and struggle. Therefore, providing us a significant opportunity, during this unprecedented time of resilience to explore communication as organizing and within the organization.
The Organizational Communication Interest Group welcomes proposals, regardless of affiliation, for individual papers, panels, workshops, round table discussions, symposiums, debates, open forums, community programs, or any other creative sessions.
All submissions must be completed electronically through the ECA Attendee Interactive online system.
Individual submissions of complete papers should include the following elements:
- A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. **
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
- A one-page abstract on the second page.
- A statement of professional responsibility on the second page.
** If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
Submission of program/panel proposals should include the following elements:
- A thematic title for the program.
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as respondents.
- Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all participants.
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional responsibility.
STATEMENT OF RESPONSBILITY
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’S annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
For additional information about the upcoming convention, please visit ECA’s website http://www.ecasite.org/. All questions or concerns related to the Organizational Communication Interest Group can be directed to: Robin Smith Mathis (email@example.com) Kennesaw State University-Kennesaw, GA.