ECA 2022 Convention - Communication Traits Interest Group Call for Papers
Call for Papers
Communication Traits Interest Group
113th Annual ECA Convention
April 7-9, 2022
The Communication Traits Interest Group is requesting paper and panel submissions for the 2022 ECA Conference. This year’s conference provides an opportunity for educators, researchers, and industry professionals to share, discuss, and learn about scholarly research across a diversity of contexts and methodological approaches. This will be the first “in person” ECA conference after two years of being unable to gather our community together.
The Communication Traits Interest Group seeks submissions that explore and examine Communication Traits and their effects on the ways in which individuals and the public initiate, foster, communicate, perceive, comprehend, inspire, celebrate, and critique human communication interactions within a diversity of contexts. The interest group is also interested in submissions that aim to investigate the role that Communication Traits play within a diversity of contexts on a global scale.
Papers and panel proposals must be submitted electronically by 11:59 PM (ET), October 15, 2021.
ECA will be using Attendee Interactive to manage submissions and reviews (go to the ECA website; under the tab “Convention” at the top of the screen). All submissions should be uploaded through Attendee Interactive. To submit your work, you will be prompted to login using ECA-specific credentials or to create an account. (Note: Do not use login credentials you may have created for any other association, such as NCA, that also uses Attendee Interactive.)
Submission website: https://ww4.aievolution.com/eca2201/
You may only submit a single paper or a panel proposal to one interest group or affiliate organization for consideration (as a lead Author).
The Communication Traits Interest Group invites two types of submission. The specific requirements for each type are as follows:
Individual submissions of complete papers should include the following elements:
- A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. **
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
- A one-page abstract on the second page.
- A statement of professional responsibility on the second page (see italicized text below).
** If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
Submission of program/panel proposals should include the following elements:
- A thematic title for the program.
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as respondents.
- Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all participants.
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional responsibility (see italicized text below).
EXTENDED ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS
- Extended abstracts of papers in progress must show a reasonable expectationof being available as a completed paper by the time of the convention.
- Follow Completed Papers submission instructions above.
STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
The following statement MUST be included with every paper or panel submission, in order for it to be eligible for review.
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
- Chairs and respondents must be different and cannot also serve as panelists
- Audio visual equipment requests are to be noted on the title page of the proposal
- Co-sponsorship of panels is highly encouraged, submit proposal to all potentially involved groups
- Identify paper presenter with an asterisk in multi-authored papers
- Indicate name of chair, respondent, and moderator in your title page
- Include name, institutional affiliation, position or educational level and major, preferred mailing address, email, and phone number in all contact information
- Designate “Debut” if author has not presented previously at a regional or national convention
- Student material must include contact information for faculty sponsor(s)
- If willing, specify willingness to participate in spotlight sessions
All questions or concerns related to paper and panel submissions to the Communication Traits Interest Group can be directed to the interest group planner: Joe Lybarger at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about the upcoming 2022 conference, please visit ECA’s website http://www.ecacomm.org