ECA 2023 ... Theory and Methodology Interest Group Call for Submissions
CALL FOR PAPERS
Theory and Methodology Interest Group
Eastern Communication Association
114th Annual ECA Convention
Hyatt Regency, Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD
March 29-April 2, 2023
Submission Deadline Date: October 16, 2022, 11:59 PM PST
The Theory and Methodology Interest Group is requesting paper and panel submissions for the 114th Annual ECA Convention in Baltimore, MD.
The Theory and Methodology Interest Group is open to papers from a variety of theoretical and methodological approaches including but not limited to rhetorical, qualitative, quantitative, critical, philosophical hermeneutics, philosophy of communication, communication ethics, etc. We will be especially looking for submissions dealing with the theme of Harboring Innovation.
ECA, similar to the National Communication Association, uses Attendee Interactive to manage submissions and reviews. You will be prompted to create a new User ID and Password to submit your work.
Papers and panel/program proposals must be submitted electronically by October 16, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
The Interest Group invites two types of submission; specific requirements are indicated below:
1) Submission Guidelines for Completed Papers
Papers should be written in accordance with the University of Chicago Manual of Style or APA 7th edition (whichever is appropriate). The following fields will be completed for individual submissions:
- A title of the paper (submitted via AI)
- Author’s affiliation and contact information (submitted via AI)
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
- An abstract
- A statement of professional responsibility on the second page.
- Upload final paper or additional documents (file types accepted: Word or PDF).
If the paper has multiple authors, submitters should indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
2) Submission Guidelines for Panel/Program Proposals
Proposals should be written according to the University of Chicago Manual of Style or APA 7th edition (whichever is appropriate). Include the following items in all panel/program submissions:
- A thematic title for the program.
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as respondents.
- Names affiliations and contact information for all participants.
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional responsibility.
Statement of Professional Responsibility
The following statement MUST be included with every submission of a paper or a panel in order for it to be eligible for review. If it is not attached with a submitted document, the chair is responsible for obtaining a completed copy of this form prior to the paper/panel being officially programmed for presentation at the convention.
In submitting the attached paper/panel, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this paper/panel if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
Additionally, please follow the following example for capitalization and formatting of quotation marks: Resilience in Interpersonal Communication: A Rhetorical Analysis of 'Grapes of Wrath'
For additional information about the upcoming convention, please visit ECA’s website http://www.ecasite.org/.
All questions or concerns related to the Theory and Methodology Interest Group can be directed to:
Kati Sudnick, Theory & Methodology Division Planner, at email@example.com