ECA 2023 ... Instructional Communication Interest Group Call for Submissions
CALL FOR PAPERS
Instructional Communication Interest Group
Eastern Communication Association
114th Annual ECA Convention
Hyatt Regency, Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD
March 29-April 2, 2023
Convention Theme: “Harboring Innovation”
Submission Deadline Date: October 16, 2022, 11:59 PM PST
The Instructional Communication Interest Group is seeking submissions for the 114th annual ECA Convention to be held in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor from March 29 to April 2, 2023. Let this year’s convention theme, “harboring innovation”, guide your submissions:
“Innovate”: To make changes in something established, especially by introducing new ideas, methods, or activities. To create transformation, revolution, metamorphosis.
Let this definition, provided by Jennifer Waldeck (Convention Program Planner), inspire your own submissions focused on innovative theories, research design, discussions, teaching, data collection, data analysis, measurement, etc. It is time to share how you have innovated in your research and/or in the classroom, and share ideas how our division needs to continue to innovate to remain relevant, cutting-edge, and unique.
All submissions should be uploaded and processed through Attendee Interactive.
*Submissions received outside of the Attendee Interactive link will not be considered for acceptance.
Submission website: https://ww4.aievolution.com/eca2301/
The Interest Group invites two types of submissions:
I. Submission Guidelines for Completed Papers
Papers should be written in accordance with APA 7th edition. Include the following in your submissions:
- A detached title page with title of the paper, author's affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- The word “Debut” should be marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national conference.
- A one-page abstract (immediately following the title page).
- A statement of professional responsibility on the second page (see below).
**Be sure to remove all identifying information on the submitted paper to ensure blind review AND if the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
II. Submission Guidelines for Panel/Workshop Program Proposals
Proposals should be written according to APA 7th edition. Include the following in your submissions:
- A thematic title for the panel.
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any - chairs should not also be designated as respondents).
- Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all panelists.
- Titles and brief abstracts for each paper.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final ECA 2023 program.
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional responsibility included with the detailed rationale (see below).
Statement of Professional Responsibility
The following statement MUST be included with every submission to be eligible for review:
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
Convention Acceptance Notifications: January 2023.
For additional information about the upcoming convention, please visit ECA’s website
All questions or concerns related to the Instructional Communication Interest Group can be directed to
James Baker, Division Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org