ECA 2023 - Instructional IG Conference Anouncement
Welcome to March, which means the ECA convention is fast approaching. To be exact (depending on when this email gets distributed), we have 28 days until the convention kicks off. The convention will host approximately 192 sessions and I am sure you are eagerly planning your schedules for the week.
While making those schedules for the convention, I hope you can add these Instructional Communication Interest Group sessions:
Thursday, March 30, 2023
- 8:30 – 9:45 AM (Room: Columbia; Type: Panel)– When Students Make Mistakes: Strategizing Innovative Instructor Approaches to Communication and Pedagogy in Support of Students’ Learning
- 10:00 – 11:15 AM (Room: Lombard; Type: Paper Session)– Innovating with Theories to Help Explain Instructional Communication
- 11:30 AM – 12:45 PM (Room: Charles; Type: Round Table)– Attending to Digital Distractions in the Classroom through Innovative Communication Pedagogies
- 4:00 – 5:15 PM (Room: Pratt; Type: Round Table)– Innovative Career Preparation and Choices in Higher Ed Institutions from Graduating and Newly Graduated PhDs
Friday, March 31, 2023
- 8:30 – 9:45 AM (Room: Conway; Type: Panel)– Collaborative Team-Based and Experiential Learning as a Path to Student Innovation in Communication
- 10:00 – 11:55 AM (Room: Calvert; Type: Panel)– Harboring Social Change by Making it the Primary Outcome of the Communication Course
Saturday, April 1, 2023
- 10:00 – 11:15 AM (Room: Pratt; Type: Paper Session)– Student Experiences and Communication
- 1:45 – 3:00 PM (Room: Lombard; Type: Business Meeting)– Instructional Communication Interest Group Business Meeting
- 3:00 – 4:30 PM (Room: Douglass; Type: Paper Session)– Top Three Papers in Instructional Communication
Finally, a few last minute things:
- I will be putting together the business meeting agenda during the next few weeks. Please contact me before the convention (3/24/23) if you have any items to add.
- All IGs need to send a representative to the Nominating Committee meeting on Friday, March 31, from 8:30-9:45 in the Annapolis Room at the Baltimore Hyatt. Please let me know if you are able and willing to serve in that role for our IG.
- Don’t forget to register for the convention– early registration ends March 8.
See you all in Baltimore for a great convention.
All the best,