ECA 110th Convention - Nonverbal Communication Interest Group Call for Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
NONVERBAL COMMUNICATION INTEREST GROUP
Eastern Communication Association 110th Annual ECA Convention
April 10-14, 2019
Omni Providence Hotel, Providence, RI
The Nonverbal Communication Interest Group is requesting paper and panel submissions for the 110th Annual ECA Convention in Providence, RI. The convention theme, Creating Our Future, is centered on the idea we can use our resources to create better education, successful relationships, and efficient communication. Particularly, this interest group seeks submissions that explore ways to create meaningful communication via nonverbal behaviors. Papers and panel/program proposals must be submitted electronically by Monday, October 15, 2018. Please send all submissions via email to Nicole Blau at email@example.com.
Submission Guidelines for Completed Papers
Please submit completed manuscripts in two separate MS Word files using Attendee Interactive (.doc, docx, or .rtf are all acceptable). Papers should be written in accordance with APA 6th edition. Individual submissions of completed papers should include the following:
- A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
- Papers authored by individuals who have not previously presented at a regional or national convention should be clearly marked as “Debut.”
- The second file should include a one-page abstract and statement of professional responsibility (see below), followed by the text of the manuscript. Please remove ALL identifying information from this file.
Submission Guidelines for Panel/Program Proposals
Please submit panel/program proposals is one MS Word file using Attendee Interactive (.doc, .docx, or .rtf are all acceptable). Proposals should be submitted according to APA 6th edition. Include the following items in all panel/program submissions:
- A thematic title for program.
- The names of chair and respondent (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as respondents.
- Names, institutional affiliations, mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers for all participants.
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for panel/program.
- A statement of professional responsibility (see below).
All submissions will be submitted using Attendee Interactive.
The link to submit y9our work through Attendee Interactive is: https://ww4.aievolution.com/eca1901
The link can also be found on ECA’s website: https://ecasite.org/aws/ECA/pt/sp/convention_home
If you encounter a challenge when submitting, please contact Vice President, Katherine Thweatt, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The challenge will be addressed as quickly as possible.
For additional information about the upcoming convention, please visit ECA’s website http://www.ecasite.org/. All questions or concerns related to the Nonverbal Communication Interest Group can be directed to:
Nicole Blau, Department of Communication Studies, Ohio University Lancaster, 529 Brasee Hall, Lancaster, OH 43130, email@example.com, Phone (740) 681-3379.
Papers or proposals addressing the convention theme yet not directly related to instructional communication may be forwarded ECA Vice President Katherine Thweatt, (ECA2019RI@gmail.com).