ECA - 2020 Convention - Call for Papers ... Media Communication
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 11:59 PST
Convention Acceptance Notifications: January 2020
Convention Location: Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor Baltimore
Interest Group: Media Communication
Program Planner and Vice Chair: Noura Ahmad Hajjaj
Institutional Affiliation: State University of New York at New Paltz
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Media Communication Interest Group welcomes submission of completed manuscripts, as well as of proposals for both paper sessions and interactive roundtable panels, for ECA’s Annual Conference in Baltimore, MD, April 1-5, 2020. We seek competitive submissions that harbor innovation in the theoretical, pedagogical, and methodological frameworks of media environments, such as traditional platforms; social media networks; new media; cutting-edge mediated-communication; delivery systems; ownership of thematic content; media effects; technological developments; media ethics; mediated images and representations; and regulations, and policies.
Our Baltimore Inner Harbor convention takes place in the coolest city on the East Coast, where interdisciplinary communication scholarship will have the unique setting for showcases current and forward-thinking innovation. We consider a wider range of submissions to the Media Communication Interest Group, which reflect the collaborative nature of harboring scholarship innovation theme beyond media contexts and landscapes at one of the U.S. richest and most innovative histories.
At the annual Business Meeting at our “Harboring Innovation” 2020 conference, the Media Communication Interest Group will recognize outstanding scholarship of completed manuscripts for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as of faculty and field practitioners, with top paper awards. This year, we will also provide a new venue to showcase scholarship for the top presentations at program sessions and honor the recipients with top paper panel awards.
Select one interest group or affiliate organization for consideration of each single submission (the same paper may not be submitted to two different interest groups).
The Media Communication Interest Group at ECA utilizes Attendee Interactive to manage all submissions and blind-reviews. Upload your submission of complete papers and program/panel proposals at the following site: https://ww4.aievolution.com/eca2001/index.cfm
For Individual submissions of complete papers
- A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
- A one-page abstract on the second page.
- A statement of professional responsibility on the second page. If the paper has multiple authors, submitter should indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
For Program/Panel Proposals:
- A thematic title for the program.
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as respondents.
- Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all participants.
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional responsibility.
Statement of Professional Responsibility
All submissions should include the following statement of professional responsibility in order to be eligible for blind-review:
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees. I/We understand that presenters with last minute emergencies should take all possible measures to arrange an alternate presenter, and communicate their plans to both the Interest Group Planner and ECA VP.