ECA - 2020 Convention - Call for Papers ... Organizational Communication Interest Group
Call for Papers
Organizational Communication Interest Group
111th Annual Eastern Communication Association Convention
April 1-April 5, 2020
Convention Submission Deadline: October 15, 2019
“Innovate”: To make changes in something established, especially by introducing new ideas, methods, or activities. To create transformation, revolution, metamorphosis.
For the second year, ECA will be using Attendee Interactive to manage submissions and reviews. This is the same system used by the National Communication Association so you may be familiar with it. You will be prompted to create a new User ID and Password to submit your work. An email will be sent to the membership in the next couple of months to announce when Attendee Interactive will be open for submission. Additional information, including a link to the submission page, will be sent to ECA members on the day the submission website opens.
The Organizational Communication Interest Group welcomes proposals, regardless of affiliation, for individual papers, panels, workshops, round table discussions, symposiums, debates, open forums, community programs, or any other creative sessions.
Individual submissions of complete papers should include the following elements:
- A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. **
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
- A one-page abstract on the second page.
- A statement of professional responsibility on the second page.
** If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
Submission of program/panel proposals should include the following elements:
- A thematic title for the
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as
- Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional
STATEMENT OF RESPONSBILITY
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’S annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
For additional information about the upcoming convention, please visit ECA’s website http://www.ecacomm.org/. All questions or concerns related to the Organizational Communication Interest Group can be directed to: Michael Sollitto (email@example.com), Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.