ECA - Interpersonal Communication Interest Group Updates
Hi Interpersonal Communication Interest Group Members,
I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy!
I received some updates from the Baltimore, MD conference planner, Jennifer Waldeck, that I want to forward to you.
We need to hold electronic elections for positions we did not vote for at the business meeting. I will create a Qualtrics poll and send it out to everyone around April 6. Jennifer is asking that we conclude voting and submit names of elected positions by April 12 so turn-around time on voting will be quick. The Qualtrics poll will also include the minutes from last year that we need to approve and an edited version of this year’s agenda for you to review.
We will need to elect the following positions:
- Vice Chair (1-year term ascending to Chair and plans 2022)
- EC Representative, to start Sunday at the 2021 conference
Please consider running for one of these positions. Please email me at email@example.com by this Friday April 3 with your name, affiliation, the position you wish to run for, and a quick blurb about you, your background, and why you want to be voted into this position.
- Although they may invite some panels that were slated to take place at ECA2020, you should consider next year’s convention to be built based on a new call for papers and a completely new submission process that will open later this spring as is typical.
- You should seek direction from your own Tenure & Promotion committees/chairs/deans on how to “count” your ECA work on your CV and annual reports.
- APA has provided guidance here for posting work on your CV from cancelled conferences: https://apastyle.apa.org/blog/canceled-conferences?fbclid=IwAR0aYNHyvvSFGdgBCSUNVEG0vq6X4fJMEWE0CxIVWGMF9VOc3554vjRXbok
TOP PAPER AWARDS
- They will be issuing certificates for Top Papers within the next month (pdf by email).
I think that’s all for now! Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks and take care, Aimee Miller-Ott