ECA 2021 Convention - Media Communication Call for Submissions
Submission Deadline: Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 11:59 PST
Convention Acceptance Notifications: January 2021
Convention Location: Hyatt Regency, Cambridge MA
Interest Group: Media Communication
Program Planner and Vice Chair: Lukas J. Pelliccio, PhD
Institutional Affiliation: Lincoln University of Pennsylvania
For Email Inquiries: email@example.com
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Media Communication Interest Group welcomes submission of completed manuscripts, as well as of proposals for both paper sessions and interactive roundtable panels, for ECA’s Annual Conference in Cambridge, MA, March 24-28, 2021. We seek competitive submissions that harbor innovation in the theoretical, pedagogical, and methodological frameworks of media environments, such as traditional platforms, social media networks, new media, cutting-edge mediated-communication, delivery systems, paralinguistic digital affordances, ownership of thematic content, media effects, technological developments, media ethics, mediated representations, and regulations/policies.
The theme of the Cambridge, MA convention is “resilience”. It focuses on the ability to overcome obstacles, thrive despite challenges, and to adapt to the ever changing global landscapes. Certainly COVID19 is one of the most substantial obstacles that the world is currently facing, but the notion of resilience certainly goes beyond pandemics, as individuals, groups, and organizations must be resilient in situations that arise virtually every day. The convention theme seeks to acknowledge all of these various forms of resilience, and in the media division, we are particularly interested in how that takes place in mediated contexts.
At the annual business meeting, the Media Communication Interest Group will recognize outstanding scholarship of completed manuscripts for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as of faculty and field practitioners, with top paper awards.
Select one interest group or affiliated organization for consideration of each single submission (the same paper may not be submitted to two different interest groups).
The Media Communication Interest Group at ECA utilizes Attendee Interactive to manage all submissions and blind-reviews. You will be notified when the link has been opened.
For Individual submissions of complete papers
- A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
- A one-page abstract on the second page.
- A statement of professional responsibility on the second page. If the paper has multiple authors, submitter should indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
For Program/Panel Proposals:
- A thematic title for the program.
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as respondents.
- Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all participants.
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional responsibility.
Statement of Professional Responsibility
All submissions should include the following statement of professional responsibility in order to be eligible for blind-review:
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees. I/We understand that presenters with last minute emergencies should take all possible measures to arrange an alternate presenter, and communicate their plans to both the Interest Group Planner and ECA VP.