ECA 2021 Convention - Rhetoric & Public Address Interest Group Call for Submissions
RHETORIC & PUBLIC ADDRESS INTEREST GROUP
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
2021 Eastern Communication Association Annual Convention
March 24 – 28, 2021
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2020, 11:59 PM (PST)
The Rhetoric & Public Address Interest Group invites submissions in preparation of the annual ECA Convention to be held from March 24 – 28, 2021. We are seeking proposals for the convention to be held at the Hyatt Regency, Cambridge. The deadline for electronic submissions is October 15, 2020. The convention theme, “Resilience” encourages us to look at rhetoric in ways that promote overcoming obstacles and challenges in a changing world. We encourage submitters to consider papers, thematic panels, and other programs that explore related issues and questions, and how these topics and questions intersect with critical issues related to rhetoric and public address.
All submissions should be uploaded to and processed through Attendee Interactive (link available through ECAsite.org).
Submissions of completed papers should be no more than 25 pages, excluding title page, abstract, references, and appendices. Submissions should include:
- Title: To appear on the title page of the paper as well as entered separately into Attendee Interactive.
- A one-page abstract: This will be entered into Attendee Interactive separate from the manuscript. You may also want to include it immediately following the title page in your paper.
- Statement of Professional Responsibility: Please include on title page for your paper to be considered.
- Special Requests/Requests for AV: Please enter this information into Attendee Interactive rather than note any special requests on your manuscript. Due to cost, AV will be limited.
- Final paper with all identifying information removed for blind review.
- Indicate any special designations (debut and/or student) both on the title page of the manuscript and in Attendee Interactive.
- If a paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the conference.
All program/panel submissions should be uploaded to Attendee Interactive and include the following:
- A thematic title for the program/panel.
- The name of the Chair and Respondent (if any). Please do not have chairs act as respondents.
- Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all participants.
- The program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- Special Requests/Requests for AV: Please enter this information into Attendee Interactive rather than note any special requests on your description or rationale. Due to cost, AV will be limited.
- Statement of Professional Responsibility: Please include with the program rationale.
Statement of Professional Responsibility
When submitting a paper or proposal for review, the following statement MUST be included. Papers and panels without this statement will not be programmed.
"In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/we recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/we agree to present this paper or program/panel if it is accepted and programmed. I/we further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA's annual meeting must register and pay the required fees."Please contact the Rhetoric & Public Address Interest Group Program Planner, via e-mail, for further information:
Heather Stassen, Cazenovia College (firstname.lastname@example.org)