ECA 2022 Convention - Communication Administration Interest Group Call for Papers
Communication Administration Interest Group
Call for Submissions for the 2022 Annual Convention
of the Eastern Communication Association
April 7 to 9, 2022
The Communication Administration Interest Group advances the study and application of communication theory and principles in effective administration and leadership and invites papers and panel submissions related to communication in administration.
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2021 11:59 (ET)
ECA utilizes Attendee Interactive to manage submissions and reviews and can be accessed on the ECA website. To submit your work, you will be prompted to create an account or login using ECA-specific credentials (do not use login credentials you may have created for any other association, such as NCA).
Submission website: https://ww4.aievolution.com/eca2201/
Individual papers are completed papers that present original work. Papers should not exceed 25 double spaced pages and should adhere to APA 7th edition.
Complete paper submission should include the following elements:
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national
- A one-page abstract.
- A statement of professional
- Uploaded final paper or additional documents (submitted as a Word or PDF document). Individual paper submissions should not contain identifying information (author name, university affiliation) in uploaded supporting documents.
If the paper has multiple authors, submitter should indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
Panel submissions can take multiple forms. A panel may consist of 3-4 speakers who present individual papers on a specific topic area, a workshop session led by 2-3 experts on a particular topic with audience involvement and participation, or a round table discussion featuring 3-6 presenters who share a position on a focused topic moderated by a chair with interaction and discussion by participants and audience members.
Complete Panel submissions should include the following elements:
- A thematic title for the program.
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as respondents.
- Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all participants.
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
- A statement of professional responsibility.
You must include the following Statement of Professional Responsibility with all papers, posters, and proposals:
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that an accepted paper, panel, or poster is considered a professional responsibility. If this submission is accepted and programmed, I/We agree to register for the ECA convention, pay fees, and present the work. I/We understand that presenters with last minute emergencies should take all possible measures to arrange an alternate presenter, and communicate their plans to both the Interest Group Planner and ECA VP.
Presenters are encouraged to present without technology if possible. Please note that a paper or panel should only be submitted to a single interest group.
Contact Ann Bainbridge Frymier at email@example.com if you have questions, ideas, or need assistance with the submission process. For additional information about the convention, including short courses and other programming, please see the ECA website at www.ecasite.org.
Convention Acceptance Notifications: January 2022