ECA - Call for Editor-elect of Communication Research Reports
Dear ECA Community,
ECA members are invited to submit nominations or self-nominations for Editor-elect of Communication Research Reports, Volumes 40-42 (2023-2025). All candidates who meet the membership requirements set forth in the ECA Constitution (http://ecacomm.org/aws/ECA/pt/sp/constitution) are eligible to apply.
Communication Research Reports is published five times per year, with a specific focus on report-length manuscripts (3500-4000 words) and brief reports (1500-2000 words): https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rcrr20/current. CRR manuscripts are focused on social scientific research with a quantitative focus, and the journal actively encourages the submission of manuscripts demonstrating null findings, as well as manuscripts that follow open science. CRR also accepts submissions that spotlight emerging practices in communication studies, as well as short editorials on topics of interest to communication scholars.
The following will be considered when assessing qualifications of nominees.
- Research experience
- Editorial experience (prior editorships, guest editing, review board member, manuscript reviewer, etc.)
- Project management experience and outcomes
- Vision for the journal
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to focus on DE&I concerns when developing editorial board/reviewers and encouraging/mentoring authors
- Ability to create a support team including editorial assistants and staff
Incoming editors are expected to attend a workshop funded by Taylor and Francis prior to the start of their term. Nomination materials should include:
- A letter of application addressing each of the following:
- Leadership experience and outcomes
- Vision for the journal/content direction
- How equity, diversity, and inclusion will be achieved
- Plan for building a support team such as Editorial Assistants and staff
- Copy of current CV
- A letter of institutional support (IS) or candidate’s plan for editing without IS
- Plans for use of the editor’s stipend
- Three letters of recommendation
Interested candidates should review the “How to talk to my Chair and Dean about ECA Journal Editorship” guidance.
Nomination materials are due by November 12, 2021. Please send nomination materials electronically to: Amanda McKendree, ECA President, Amanda.McKendree.email@example.com