ECA 2023 - Organizational Communication Interest Group
Good afternoon Organizational Communication Interest Group members—
Before you know it, the Eastern Communication Association annual convention will be upon us! As you know, this year’s convention will be held March 29-April 2 at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor in Baltimore, Maryland.
This year, the Organizational Communication Interest Group has created seven panels for your convention enjoyment. They are:
Thursday, March 30 (room location in parentheses)
- 8:30-9:45 a.m./Competitive Papers in Organizational Communication (Annapolis)
- 1:00-2:15 p.m./Top 2 Competitive Papers in Organizational Communication (Calvert)
- 2:30-3:45 p.m./Innovative Ways to Study Organizational (and Instructional) Dissent (President)
Friday, March 31 (room location in parentheses)
- 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m./Innovatively Teaching the Undergraduate Communication Course (Annapolis)
- 4:00-5:15 p.m./The Future as Innovation: Developing and Assessing Core Communication Competencies for an Undergraduate Organizational Communication Curriculum (Columbia)
Saturday, April 1 (room location in parentheses)
- 10:00-11:15 a.m./Designing the Undergraduate Organizational Communication Major: Innovation at Work (Columbia)
- 10:00-11:15 a.m./Organizational Case Studies on Diversity and Inclusion and Lessons Learned (Chesapeake A)
Thanks to our reviewers for their time, energy, and effort: Greg Cranmer, Clemson University; Katie Kang, West Virginia University; Corey Liberman, Marymount Manhattan College; Robin Smith Mathis, Kennesaw State University; R.E. Purtell, West Virginia University; Michael Sollitto, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi; Casey Stratton, West Virginia University; and Candice Thomas-Maddox, Ohio University.
Two quick reminders:
- If you haven’t registered yet for the convention, please do so by March 8: ECA | Registration (associationdatabase.com)
- If you haven’t reserved your hotel room yet, please do so by February 15: https://ecasite.org/aws/ECA/pt/sp/convention_hotels
See you in Baltimore!
Scott A. Myers
Organizational Communication Interest Group planner